Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finishing Up!

Ryan's Sesame Street is coming to an end! In the past week I have done a lot of stuff to finish Sesame Street.

On Monday I began shooting. Big Bird is the first character to be in the theme Song, and he wasn't done yet, so I just skipped that song and went straight to Rubber Duckie. Then i shot C is for Cookie, Batty Bat, and Monster in the Mirror. (More will be about shooting the movie in the next blog post). All I had left was the Theme Song, Elmo's Song and Sing, which has Big Bird in all 3. So I had to wait.

To start off characters, I made Big Bird. In my last post it said I made him out of clay, well he has a few cracks in him. (Model Magic does this some times, I am not sure why) So I painted him and filled the cracks with paint as well. I used bright yellow for him and orange for his legs and feet. Once he was all dry i started painting pink rings around his legs. It just didn't look right, so I covered them up with the orange paint. I rolled out a thin strip off clay and wrapped it around his legs. Then I did his eyes with sharpies and colored his mouth red. Big Bird has lighter yellow feathers right above his eyes, so i used light yellow paint and painted that upper part. Then I put wires on his arms and attached them. The next day, when the clay rings on his legs were dry, I painted them pink. He looked much better. I glued him together and onto his base. He was HUGE! I I thought he even might be my tallest character. The tallest character I have is the tallest Muse from "Hercules, so I put them back to back and Big Bird is about 1cm taller! So Big Bird was done!

Then I finished Snuffy by painting him dark brown and when that dried I painted light brown streaks to look like fur. Snuffy was done!

All of the characters were done excapt for Barkley! I still had to do props. I made a Rubber Duckie from Ernie,  a sneaker and some newspaper for Oscar, a mirror for Grover and other litle things like that. Once the clay objects dry, I painted them.

More will come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment