Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blog Starts Today!

Hello! As I said in the intro post, this Blog will follow the making of my 10 minute Sesame Street Video. Lets Start by explaining the video a little. There are 8 songs, 8 sets, and 16 characters.

I tried to pick the best songs from Sesame Street that people will recognize and remember from there childhood. There were many songs that I wanted to include that didn't fit because of timing purposes. I wanted the video to be at max 10 minutes because of the youtube limits. So this is the final list of songs;

1. Sesame Street Theme Song
2. Rubber Duckie
3. C is for Cookie
4. I Love Trash
5. Batty Bat
6. Monster in the Mirror
7. Elmo's Song
8. Sing

The characters included are:

Lead Charcters:
  • Big Bird
  • Elmo
  • Mr. Snuffleupagus
  • Grover
  • Count Von Count
  • Oscar the Grouch
  • Cookie Monster
  • Ernie
Minor Characters:
  • Zoe
  • Telly
  • Prarie Dawn
  • Baby Bear
  • Herry
  • Honker
  • Bert
And I designed 8 sets for each of the songs. Some of them are almost exaclty like the the Sesame Street Sketch, and some are not.

1. Theme Song - A City Street (looking like Sesame Street)
2. Rubber Duckie- Bathtub in a Bathroom
3. C is for Cookie- Black with a giant orange 'C"
4. I Love Trash - Back alley of a brick building, with a dumpster and trash bags
5. Batty Batt- Haunted Mansion Walls and spooky house items
6. Monster in the Mirror- Pink Bedroom, with a window, a wardrobe, a bed and a mirror
7. Elmo's Song- White wall and floor, splatter painted with colors
8. Sing- Blue Sky with street.

Starting the Video:

        First, I figured out what songs I would do and what characters to include. After I listed the songs and characters I designed the sets on little sheets of paper.


 The design for the Batty Bat Set.

 I went shopping for the supplies for Sesame Street the day after I finished Hercules. My family and I were leaving for California from August 19-28th. I knew that once we came back, we would be very busy catching up with our lives and not have time to go to Joann Craft Store and buy supplies.  So we went before vacation and I got all the supplies. The total for all supplies was around $65. We came back home and I organized it all. My mom allows me to use the dining room for my studio and have a whole system of where to put stuff. I put all the posterboard under the tables and furniture, under it's signs. I put little signs that say "Rubber Duckie" and uner the sign lays all the papers and supplies needed for that portion of the video.

Picture of the paper under the furniture labeled "Theme Song" and Rubber Duckie"



I got the supplies on the 17th. So, in those 2 days, I did lots of workl!  Before we left I made the Set for "Sing", which is just 2 blue pieces of paper, as the sky with white clouds and a black floor. I painted yellow dashes in the middle of the black floor to make it look like a street. I also used a orange piece of posterboard and cut out a giant C. Thats 2 sets done!

The opening of the video will have a street sign saying "Ryan's Sesame Street". So I made that sign out of green and yellow paper and a wooden dowel. I carefully spaced out each letter of Sesame Street in pencil and then painted it in white. A street sign has 2 sides, so I had to do it twice. Then I painted the wooden dowel gray and put black circles on it. That was done!

Ryan's Sesame Street Sing


 The last two things I did before vacation was the Rubber Duckie Set, which was very simple and the characters.
Ernie's Rubber Duckie Set.
And finally, the last thing I did was make 7 characters out of white Crayola Model Magic.


All of my characters start out like this. Arms are not attached, heads not attached, feet not attached, etc. They take about 1-2 days to dry completely, so I made them before vaction. I made most of the characters who have there own song. I googled each one and sat in front of me was a lump of white model magic. I took me about an hour to get all 7 characters shaped how I wanted them. Then I carefully placed each one on the paper.

Top from left: Ernie, Oscar, Count Von Count, Elmo
Bottom from Left: Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover
Then I packed my bags and we left! While we were in California, the characters dried. I will continue after vacation tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment